Thank you for exploring the SME Education Foundation – an organization dedicated to building the future of manufacturing. You likely found us for one of four reasons:
- You believe that manufacturing is important to our economy.
- You’re a manufacturer that needs an educated, trained workforce, and you want an educational partner to help you do just that.
- You’re a student looking for resources to help you explore technical and STEM-related education.
- You’re a potential donor looking to invest in young people. These are all great reasons to get to know or further your understanding of the SME Education Foundation.
I’m honored to serve as the Foundation’s president – an organization with whom I’ve been affiliated as a board member and donor for more than 15 years. We are an organization focused on inspiring, preparing and supporting the next generation of manufacturing engineers and technologists. We do this by providing scholarships and working with corporations, schools and donors. Let me share some recent highlights:
- Established 46 Partnership Response In Manufacturing Education (PRIME) schools in 22 states since 2011.
- Impacted over 50,000 high school students cumulatively in our PRIME schools.
- Administered scholarships on behalf of corporations awarding over $1 million to 227 students.
- Awarded endowed scholarships totaling nearly $608,000 to 237 students.
If you aspire to join the exciting world of advanced manufacturing; if you teach and prepare students for manufacturing careers; if you wish to support programs and scholarships that will educate the engineers and technologists of the future; or if you feel it important to retain a robust manufacturing industry in the United States, I welcome you to learn more about the SME Education Foundation. Please contact me or our Foundation staff. We are committed to inspiring and preparing young people.
President, SME Education Foundation